[FFserver-user] Any thoughts on scripting an error check for this?

Robert Steckroth robertsteckroth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:54:47 CEST 2012

Hello, I have a large ffmpeg/ffserver media server built. The ffserver
will stream files listed in a program guide to the
web. The problem is, some of the files that we upload are of very poor
quility and subscrently do not play.
These files do have a duration and other headers but are just too
messed up to stream.

My solution:
To add an file integraty checking function which can tell us when a
file is not going to work/stream correctly.
Here is my intial direction -->

if ( ! ffmpeg -re -i
/home/sites/mmrn_site/mmrn/scripts/programming/media/test1.mov
-threads 4 http://127.0.0.1:8090/temp_feed.ffm 2>&1 & ); then     echo
"Bad";
else
    echo "good";
fi

I know this looks barbaric but checking these files for integrity is
much more tricky than it appears.
Can anyone give me a better direction?
surgemcgee Posts: 1Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:03 pm

--
Bust0ut, Surgemcgee: Systems Engineer ---
PBDefence.com