[FFserver-user] not able to replay video from .ffm recorded earlier

Anthony Brown av at bsbc.nb.ca
Thu Sep 6 20:33:11 CEST 2012

On 12-09-06 03:21 PM, Yogesh Tyagi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not able to replay video from .ffm recorded earlier . ffplay or
> any other player plays the file only when I feed the ffserver through
> ffmpeg.
>
> when I give command "ffplay http://192.168.1.28:8091/test.ts "
> sometimes it plays the file from start. sometime it does not play the
> file at all. Why the behaviour of ffserver is not consistent.
>
> Do I need to feed server through ffmpeg encoder continuously or can I
> feed it once and play the file from multiple clients many times?

ffmpeg ought to be able to read the ffm file and be able to output to
something that other players can read.  And, provided that the data is
being buffered in the ffm file (File path set properly and FileMaxSize
big enough to hold all the data) you can feed multiple clients at
different times.  You may need to specify the time that you are trying
to seek to in your http: request.

Anthony Brown
Audiovisual coordinator
Brunswick Street Baptist Church
Telephone: (506)-458-8348 (leave message)
Email:     av at bsbc.nb.ca