[FFserver-user] Recipe to stream to Android

Joe Kreidler joek at optimaldesignco.com
Wed Jan 9 16:04:12 CET 2013

I am trying to stream using ffmpeg and ffserver on a Ubuntu
12.04LTS desktop to an Android tablet running a small test client app on
Ice Cream Sandwich v 4.0.4. I know my test client app is working properly
because I can successfully stream the following H.264 content.
rtsp://184.72.239.149/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_175k.mov

My ffmpeg and ffserver configuration files are included below. If
someone has successfully streamed H.264 content to an Android tablet,
can you share you configuration me with?

Thank you in advance,

Joe

Note, I captured a video on the Android device and played it back just
to verify that I had a good video file. I then transferred the file to
my Ubuntu desktop. I send the video content to ffserver using the "copy"
codec, in other words, no transcoding of the content at all.

ffmpeg -i test.mp4 -c copy http://10.10.10.143:8090/feed1.ffm

Port 8090
BindAddress 0.0.0.0
RTSPPort 7654