[Libav-user] How can we extract frames from a video stream in MPEG-4 AVC format

Grzegorz Szpetkowski gszpetkowski at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 03:00:14 CEST 2011

I am not FFmpeg API expert, but you can find working example
(avcodec_sample.0.5.0.c) at
http://web.me.com/dhoerl/Home/Tech_Blog/Entries/2009/1/22_Revised_avcodec_sample.c.html

There are also two guides that I know:
http://www.inb.uni-luebeck.de/~boehme/using_libavcodec.html (very outdated)
http://dranger.com/ffmpeg/tutorial01.html (little outdated)

To convert AVFrame from YUV to RGB you need to use sws_scale.

Regards
Grzegorz Sz.