[Libav-user] FW: RTP Client Problems

Alistair Boyd aboyd at a2etech.com
Thu Apr 7 12:33:01 CEST 2011

Currently I am using ffmpeg apis to stream MP4 wirelessly using rtp. e.g.
using url_fopen(&oc->pb, rtp://<destIP>:<port>, URL_WRONLY). I create an sdp
file using avf_sdp_create() and on another PC I can use the sdp file
(MP4.sdp) to view the stream on VLC.

What I want to be able to do is receive and decode this stream on another
computer using ffmpeg. I thought I would be able to do this with
av_open_input_file(&ic, "MP4.sdp", NULL, 0, ap) and then
av_find_stream_info(ic) however the only data I have in ic->iformat is the
name "sdp".

Clearly I am doing something wrong, can anyone advise? I am of the thoughts
that I can only use rtsp with av_open_input_file, if so how can I set this
up at the server end?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

v=0