[Libav-user] How can we extract frames from a video stream in MPEG-4 AVC format

Amir Rouhi-Rmit amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au
Fri Apr 8 03:20:43 CEST 2011

Hi Spencer
Thanks for your nice guidance. It was usefull to get some idea, But as i am
interested to work on video processing in compressed domain, accessing the
i-frames should be achievable even with different speeds. I dont focous on
special time of video then extract the frames. no, I just need to extract
the frames in fixed distance of each other and then extract the features
from each frame. then compare the features and find the similarity among
frames.
At the moment i am reading the standard of H.264 to find out a solution.
Let me know your advices regarding this too.
Regards
Amir

Amir H. Rouhi
PhD Student/ CSIT RMIT University