[Libav-user] mpegencoder (h263) denoise possibilities

Jan Pohanka xhpohanka at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:53:45 CEST 2011

Hello,

I wonder if there is any possibility how to reduce noise of encoded
video in ffmpeg. I'm using h263 encoder in libavcodec compiled for
arm9 to store a stream from camera in my application. For example in a
dark, the images are very noisy and it leads to undesirable video
size. Of course I can write some denoising averaging filter, but maybe
there is some similar feature directly in libav* project. Simply I can
imagine some threshold for decision if a macroblock differs from the
previous (moved) one.

regards
Jan