[Libav-user] Resolution Change

Stefan Lederer ledererstefan at gmx.at
Sat Apr 23 17:01:22 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm developing adaptive dynamic http streaming over http (DASH) using VLC
for my master thesis at university. In this scenario I receive segmented MP4
content which is downloaded via http . This content can have different
bitrates (which works quite well) and also different resolution (that's the
problem). My problem is that the VLC player crashes when I switch from one
resolution content (e.g. 720p) to another resolution (e.g. 1080p) during
playback. The problem occurs in h264.c in the
ff_h264_check_intra4x4_pred_mode function which the error: top block
unavailable for requested intra4x4 mode.

How can I tell ffmpeg that the resolution of the content has changed during
playback? Is this even possible?

Thanks for the help!

Stefan