[Libav-user] infinite loop in avcodec_encode_audio when encoding AAC

Josh Gargus josh at schwa.ca
Sat Aug 6 11:19:22 CEST 2011

I'm also not sure which encoder I'm using.  I meant to be using faac, but I think that I may be using Konstantin Shishkov's encoder.  How would I tell?

I'm finding the codec with avcodec_find_encoder(CODEC_ID_AAC).  When I try instead calling avcodec_find_encoder_by_name(), it fails with "libfaac" and "libvo_aacenc", and succeeds with "aac".

Might I have more luck with libfaac or libvo_aacenc?

Cheers,
Josh