[Libav-user] win32: Problem with RTSP Streaming (wrong build configuration??)

Paul Lammertsma pflammertsma at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 02:13:57 CEST 2011

 <=?iso-8859-1?Q?Max_G=F6ttner_-_d.stream?=> writes:

> Hi people,
>
> I have built the static libraries, using mingw / gcc under windows XP, with
./configure --enable-memalign-hack --disable-pthreads

> I have succeeded insofar, that I can link against the libraries in an
eclipse-C project and can call “av_open_input_file(…)” referencing to a file
“example.avi” without any problems. However, if I try to open a RTSP stream from
a camera, the function terminates with error code: -1094995529. I could observe
with wireshark, that a rtsp options request is sent from my computer and acked
by the camera.

> My question: Do I have to add any other options to the configure call, to
enable correct rtsp streaming? Should pthreads by enabled? Building with
pthreads enabled gives me the common bug.

> Camera works fine, using a libav shared pre-build from some server also gave
success.
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Cheers,
> Max

Hi Max,

I'm running into the same error when trying to open a jpeg file. I can encode an
h.263+ video with generated frame content, but when trying to fill it with
images, it fails with error -1094995529.

I can reproduce the error with this simple bit of code:

	// Make sure we have the codecs
	av_register_all();

	AVFormatContext *pFormatCtx;
	int ret = av_open_input_file(&pFormatCtx, imageFileName, NULL, 0, NULL);

	if (ret != 0) {
		printf("Can't open image file '%s': code %d, %s", imageFileName, ret,
strerror(AVERROR(ret)));
		return NULL;
	}

The above returns the correct absolute file path and error:

	Can't open image file '/sdcard/DCIM/Camera/IMG083.jpg': code -1094995529,
Unknown error: 1094995529

I've compiled ffmpeg with the following arguments:

./configure --target-os=linux \
    --prefix=$PREFIX \
    --enable-cross-compile \
    --extra-libs="-lgcc" \
    --arch=arm \
    --cc=$PREBUILT/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc \
    --cross-prefix=$PREBUILT/bin/arm-linux-androideabi- \
    --nm=$PREBUILT/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-nm \
    --sysroot=$PLATFORM \
    --extra-cflags=" -O3 -fpic -DANDROID -DHAVE_SYS_UIO_H=1
-Dipv6mr_interface=ipv6mr_ifindex -fasm -Wno-psabi -fno-short-enums
-fno-strict-aliasing -finline-limit=300 $OPTIMIZE_CFLAGS " \
    --enable-shared \
    --enable-static \
    --extra-ldflags="-Wl,-rpath-link=$PLATFORM/usr/lib -L$PLATFORM/usr/lib
-nostdlib -lc -lm -ldl -llog" \
    --disable-everything \
    --enable-demuxer=mov \
    --enable-demuxer=h264 \