[Libav-user] RTP stream converting

Mihaly Zachar mihaly.zachar at gamma.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 14:31:16 CET 2011

Hi Gents,

Sorry for crossposting (http://goo.gl/Ozldk), as I can see, this topic
should have gone here.

I'm a newbie to ffmpeg, this is my first post.

I'm here, because our plan is to create converter application which will
be able to read an RTP stream from a file and convert it to WAV or MP3.

Lets say there is a file, which contains whole RTP packets including the
RTP headers as well.

Within the RTP stream, there might be spaces, bunch of missing packets,
but the output must be correct in terms of timing, so the missing part
must contain silence in the output.

Could you guys please give me a way how can I do this with ffmpeg ?

Is there any way to do it using an existing command line tool, which are
exist in the modern Linux distributions, or do I need to write an
application based on ffmpeg ?

Thanks,
Misi