[Libav-user] Need to flush demux buffer.

Yedire, Sandeep syedire at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 08:04:42 CET 2011

Hi All,

I am currently using an application which uses libavformat for
demultiplexing of elementary streams for various container formats. With
FFMPEG my application will populate all necessary meta-data for decoding
and playing on proprietary h/w. During probing ffmpeg will probe till EOF
file reached and populate all necessary meta-data. All this is fine and I
am able to decode using this metadata and ffmpeg demuxed data. All is fine
when I start playback from beginning.

And now (Actual problem), If playback is not started from beginning, say
from a particular location then I do see small chunk of data present  in
ffmpeg buffers and my playback starts with that data for 2-3 seconds and
then starts with new location data. I need to clear this data before I
start playback.
I have tried using avio_flush() and avio_seek(with offset 0) and but could
not clear ffmpeg buffer. Can any one experienced with similar kind of
problem suggests on how to flush ffmpeg buffer before playback is started?

Regards,
Sandeep.Yedire