[Libav-user] av_read_frame() returns error while streaming mp3

Brad Larson bklarson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 06:58:53 CET 2011

Hi! I'm trying to build a simple Android streamer using ffmpeg.
Everything is working well, except that for some mp3 streams
av_read_frame() returns an error (-541478725) after playing for 1-2
minutes.  The same problem happens when using ffplay in Linux (0.8.6)

The stream plays fine with Chrome.  Also I can download the mp3 and
then it plays fine with ffplay.

One example bad stream is
http://www.stationcaster.com/clicktrack/index.mp3?media=%2Fstations%2Fwhb%2Fmedia%2Fmp3%2FDoug_Farrar-1323805825.mp3&usecat=373&subscribed=true&title=Doug+Farrar&ext=.mp3

Any ideas on how to debug this or where I can go from here?  Any help
is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Brad