[Libav-user] Reverse playback

Alistair Boyd agboyd at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 14:41:30 CET 2011

I have used ffmpeg apis before to receive rtp streams and record these, this is my basic level of knowledge working with ffmpeg.

I am considering using ffmpeg as a H264 video player. I beleive most things should be OK to implement but I have a requirement to playback video in reverse at varying speeds. Does ffmpeg support playing in reverse easiliy or could this become very invloved/time consuming for someone with limited knowldege of ffmpeg/ H264 nor the time to become an expert?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.