[Libav-user] How to use ffmpeg functions in c

Amir Rouhi-Rmit amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au
Fri Jul 1 07:15:53 CEST 2011

I search the http://opencv.willowgarage.com for ffmpeg and just receive a
limited usage of ffmpeg.
I have seen that ffmpeg has many functions and headers which we can use them
by calling the functions if we have included the proper headers. I am
looking for a documentation for functions and related header files. For
example if i need the dimensions of a video file, how can i call some ffmpeg
functions to do it? or how can i use a command line of ffmpeg like:
fmpeg -i input.avi -r 1 –f image2 –vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuvj420p
Img-%03d.yuv
in my c code lines?

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Saurabh Gandhi <saurabhg84 at gmail.com>wrote:

> OpenCV provides wrappers to FFMPEG API. You can use that:
> opencv.willowgarage.com
> --
> Regards,
> Saurabh Gandhi
>

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:30 AM, Amir Rouhi-Rmit <amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au>wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I need your experience regarding FFMPEG . I want to use FFMPEG
>> functionality in my c codes under windows platform. Would you help me in
>> below questions?
>> 1-How can i use FFMPEG in c to get the dimensions of an input video?
>> 2-How can i use the below ffmpeg command in c language?
>> ffmpeg -i input.avi -r 1 –f image2 –vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt yuvj420p
>> Img-%03d.yuv
>> BTW if i want to run my code on linux machines, can i simply run the exe
>> file generated in windows platform? if not please advice how can i compile
>> my code under linux?

Amir H. Rouhi
PhD Student/ CSIT RMIT University
Room: 14-09-04