[Libav-user] Recent ffmpeg version doesn't support v4l2

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Mon Jul 4 16:23:51 CEST 2011

On date Monday 2011-07-04 11:07:12 -0300, Leandro Santiago encoded:
> Yes... It's very strange. After trying what you told me, I could open
> replacing the old code with this, using the new API:
>
> /* New API */
> AVDictionary *dict = NULL;
> int dictRet = av_dict_set(&dict,"standard","ntsc",0);
> dictRet = av_dict_set(&dict,"video_size","320x240",0);
> bRet = avformat_open_input(&pIFormatCtx, sFile, pIFormat,&dict);
>

> And it worked :-) Why did you replaced informations like video width
> and height by strings in a dictionary? By the say, thx for your help
> :-)

Because the idea of AVFormatParameters was busted, in general you need
to specify special options for the device/de/muxer you're opening, and
you can't rely on a fixed structure for that.

Anyway, could you show a gdb backtrace of the crash? The old API is
still supported and a crash there is a bug (but I can't reproduce
here, also telling the exact version you're using may help).