[Libav-user] How can i get just basic info from an input video file by ffmpeg?

Amir Rouhi-Rmit amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au
Tue Jul 5 08:27:16 CEST 2011

I found dump_format() function (not av_dump_format() ) among ffmpeg source
codes :  dump_format(ic, 0, is->filename, 0);
but i would be pleased if you let me know how can i find a tutorial which
shows how can i use the function ? and which header should be included?

BTW i need to extract raw pictures from any video as input which i can
achieve this by  the below command :

*ffmpeg -i input.avi -r 1 –f image2 –vcodec rawvideo* *-pix_fmt
yuvj420pImg-%03d.yuv
*
can you advice how can i achieve this in my c program? (I know that i can
run the command by popen() or sytem(), but i think there are some functions
that can do this for me too)

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Clément Bœsch <ubitux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 02:13:14PM +1000, Amir Rouhi-Rmit wrote:
> > Hellow everybody
> > How can i get the basic info of any video file which i need by ffmpeg?
> the
> > information i need i just frame size and length of video. using below
> > command seems not standard:
> > ffmpeg -i "path of input video"
>
> Yes, ffprobe is more appropriate.
>
> > BTW is there any function in ffmpeg to call it in my c program to get my
> > information? if yes whats the name and the method of calling the
> function?
> >

> av_dump_format()
>
> --
> Clément B.