[Libav-user] RTP/RTSP support in FFMPEG

Ankit SINGHAL ankit.singhal at st.com
Tue Jul 12 13:56:22 CEST 2011

Hello All,

I want to play the multimedia streams from RTSP/RTP servers. I am already using FFMPEG for demuxing various containers. I also use CURL for playing back files from HTTP server. Now I would like to play multimedia files from RTSP server. Please let me know if FFMPEG has support for acting as RTSP client and it's robust enough. How can I start using ffmpeg as RTSP client. How is it compared with the support available in CURL? Does FFMPEG have a better support compared to CURL? Please elaborate.

Regards
Ankit Singhal