[Libav-user] RTP/RTSP support in FFMPEG

Luke Clemens lclemens at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 17:41:01 CEST 2011

I've never use CURL either. Ferdinand, you are right on the money -
older versions of ffmpeg could handle RTP streams without errors, but
they had a problem with the keepalive function. So the choice is to
use an older version and have the video timeout after a minute, or use
the new version and get random mpeg4 decode errors that produce small
artifacts in the video :-( .

I've tested Panasonic and Axis camera mpeg4/rtp streams and they both
suffer the same problems. Just type ffplay
rtsp://128.197.178.104/mpeg4/media.amp and watch the errors in the
console output and video artifacts to see what I mean.

That gives me an idea though... I can compare an older version of
rtpdec.c with a newer version and perhaps I can spot the problem.
We're going to figure this out one way or another!!

--luke