[Libav-user] Question about the libraries' naming and rule #16

Soltic Lucas soltic.lucas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:47:13 CEST 2011

Hello,

On the Legal page is written the following:
*16. Do not rename FFmpeg dlls to some obfuscated name, but adding a suffix
or prefix is fine (renaming "avcodec.dll" to "MyProgDec.dll" is not fine,
but to "avcodec-MyProg.dll" is).*

What I would like to do is building a dynamic library from the ffmpeg's
static libraries, whose name whould be something like ffmpeg.dll. This is
not library renaming as I'm building a new library, but I wanted to be sure
it was ok with FFmpeg's rules.

Thanks,
Lucas Soltic