[Libav-user] Question about the libraries' naming and rule #16

Soltic Lucas soltic.lucas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:27:41 CEST 2011

Well, I never said LGPL wasn't fine for my project. Actually it IS fine, and
that's why I was linking everything statically.

But recently I wanted everything to work with Visual Studio too, but I
couldn't get my project to properly against the static libraries built with
MinGW, that's why I've been thinking of building a DLL that statically links
against FFmpeg's libraries. And then linking that dynamic library against my
product built with Visual Studio.

So I suppose that if LGPL is not a problem for my project, I could do that
dynamic library, statically linked against the different FFmpeg's libraries,
couldn't I ?

I'm rather focusing of providing the easiest to use product, and anyone
could still download my repo, replace the static libraries he/she wishes and
finish the build process. There's nothing to prevent this. That way I can
release only one file, ready to use, and if the user want's to replace some
FFmpeg library, he/she can.

Lucas Soltic