[Libav-user] Create skip AVC fame

larbij at free.fr larbij at free.fr
Sat Jun 18 14:02:31 CEST 2011

Hello,

  I am currently working on muxing an AVC+AAC streams into a mpeg2ts file. AVC and AAC streams output from a AVC and AAC hardware encoder. Sometimes, the AVC encoder drops some video frames and it is normal beacause it has to respect the low latency and other encoding parameters. If it hasn't got time to respect the constrains it drops video frames.
  My question is the following: is there a way to create a kind of skip frame(which has no effect during encoding. Just skipped by decoder) to replace dropped frame?