[Libav-user] Issue in decoding vp6f

Spencer Graffe sgraffe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:21:46 CEST 2011

We won't be sure until we see some of your code. Post from the
initialization all the way up to the decode video method so that we know for
sure what's going on.

There's always a possibility that the vp6f codec is not supported on FFmpeg
or FFmpeg is autodetecting the codec incorrectly. In that case, try using
avcodec_find_decoder(CODEC_VP6F) (or something like that, look in the
Doxygen files to make sure) instead of the usual
avcodec_find_decoder(codecContext->codec_id). The autodetector may have
given you a false positive.
On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:46 PM, NITIN GOYAL <nitinkumgoyal at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Spencer
>
> But i have already implemented the h264 and vp8 decoding through the same
> code and they both are working fine.
>
> While in h264 i have extracted sps and pps info from the container and send
> it to the decoder prior to the raw video file while for vp8
> we didn't had anything specific to do and it was decoded perfectally. So, my
> question is mainly for vp6f, do we need to give
> some signalling information to the decoder somewhat like sps and pps prior
> to the raw video stream or it should work the same way as vp8 is working.
>

> -Nitin
>
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Spencer Graffe <sgraffe at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> The decoding part is usually the place where the programmer might be
>> implementing the library incorrectly or out of context. What kind of errors
>> are you getting? Also, check to see if your routine can correctly read other
>> popular video formats to make sure that your code is sound. The thing is,
>> the code to read any one of those files should be relatively the same.
>>
>> If you are getting segfaults, it's most likely an implementation issue,
>> not a library issue.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 2:29 AM, NITIN GOYAL <nitinkumgoyal at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> HI all
>>>
>>> I am using ffmpeg-r25759-swscale-r32562 files and trying to decode the
>>> raw media packets of FLV file haivng the codec type vp6f.
>>>
>>> The Initcodec function is returning fine but the avcodec_decode_video2 is
>>> not able to decode the frames.
>>>
>>> Is there anything specific we need to do fro vp6f?
>>>
>>> i have found the reference of using vp6vfw.dll for encoding. Do we need
>>> to for decoding also and what are the prerequisites for the decoding
>>> process.
>>> Can someone help me out?
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> Nitin