[Libav-user] How FFMPEg or x264 pars the I-Frames (IDR or non IDR)

Amir Rouhi-Rmit amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au
Mon May 2 07:51:01 CEST 2011

Hi
Would you explain more clearly? As far as i know in VCL NAL units we have a
3 byte start code prefix which startwith 0x00 00 01. after that we have a
byte which the first most significant bit (the most left bit) should be
zero, the next two bits are nal_ref_idc which for I-Frames should not be
zero, and the last 5 bit which are called nal_unit_type, they can be a
number from 1 to 32. for frames they can be 1 to 5. ant it seems for
i-frames the value of these 5 bit should be 5 according to standard. I would
be pleased if you explain more about the values of 2,4,7,9 which u believe
are i-frame codes..

rouhi_amirhossein at student.rmit.edu.au
amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au