[Libav-user] License questions

Mihai Chindea mihai.chindea at uti.eu.com
Tue May 24 11:24:14 CEST 2011

Hello,

                My name is Mihai Chindea, and the company I work for, wishes to use FFmpeg into an application for iOs and possibly Windows Mobile. Those applications would be available for free, as an extension for our product range.
                Now our main question, is it safe to use FFmpeg for this sort of purposes, or should we be worried ?
                Also from what I read on ffmpeg.org website, FFmpeg does not claim any fees for using the libraries, I would like a confirmation on this one, if possible. Otherwise if any fees apply, I would really like a copy of them.

                Thank you,
Best Regards,
Mihai Chindea,
Software Engineer