[Libav-user] Visual corruption when decoding H264

STenyaK stenyak at gmail.com
Mon May 30 11:30:15 CEST 2011

Hello,
I'm having troubles trying to decode H264 by feeding
avcodec_decode_video with data coming from an RTP stream. I'm going to
describe the visual result, maybe it can help find out where the
problem lies:

The image is perfect in the first frame of the stream. From that point
on, it looks as if only p-frames got decoded: the image begins to get
progressively more blurred with each frame whenever something in the
image changes or moves position.
Every 10-20 seconds of stream, the image starts a quick reconstruction
process. the image gets corrected (visual trails removed) in a sweep
from left to right that takes about half a second or two.

Reading the same RTP stream with other software (also based on ffmpeg)
works correctly, with no visual corruption at all, so I must be
missing something.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could stem from? Any
pointers are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Saludos,