[Libav-user] Deprecated functions and their replacement

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Tue May 31 12:59:04 CEST 2011

On date Monday 2011-05-30 18:51:55 -0500, Gustav González encoded:
> Hi,
>
> Currently I am cleaning and updating the source code of my application.
> Using OpenSuse 11.4 I got these messages when I compile it:
>
> warning: ‘int av_set_parameters(AVFormatContext*,
> AVFormatParameters*)’ is deprecated (declared at
> /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:1364)

This is a work in progress, we still don't have a working replacement
for this, you can continue to use this.

> warning: ‘void dump_format(AVFormatContext*, int, const char*, int)’
> is deprecated (declared at
> /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:1464)

av_dump_format()

> warning: ‘int url_fopen(AVIOContext**, const char*, int)’ is
> deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avio.h:279)

Check the corresponding avio_ function in avio.h.

> I was looking for hints about how to replace those functions here:
> http://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/deprecated.html
>
> But I didn't found anything useful.
>
> I appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

Please consider to send a patch or file an issue regarding the missing
deprecation information. Also deprecated function will stay in the
source for a while (typically until the next bump at least) so there
is no strict need to replace them at the moment.