[Libav-user] FFmpeg libx264 live video codec modification

Alex Cohn alexcohn at netvision.net.il
Tue Nov 8 20:23:24 CET 2011

On Nov 8, 2011 7:59 PM, "Piox" <noxylene at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to build a very specific application using the FFmpeg API. I would
like to open the H.264 codec with some basic parameters, encode a few
frames, then modify the encoding parameters, and then encode other frames.
I looked on the Internet, but I didn't find a solution. According to the
standard, it's possible, but I don't know (didn't find ?) how to do this
properly with the FFmpeg API.

> Is there a solution to do this ? or some tips on how to proceed ?
>
> Best regards
> noxylene

There is no special solution you need to simply destroy the codec instance
at some point and create a new one. The question is what you will be doing
to the results of encoding. If you are building a container with
interleaved audio stream, etc., like mp4 file, such switch will not work
out of the box.But for are streaming a raw h274 video the simple approach
is enough.

Good luck,
Alex