[Libav-user] mux mpeg-ts file into an rtp context

Sabine B sabine565 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:05:06 CET 2011

Hello!

I try to mux an mpeg-ts file into an rtp context for a unicast / multicast
(is this possible?) video stream.
What I did so far is the following:
1) I opened the mpeg-ts file into a common AVFormatContext (ts context) and
detected the streams
2) I created an AVFormatContext for rtp
3) I added the same streams to the rtp context which were detected in 1)
4) I wrote the headers into the rtp context (avformat_write_header)
5) I read the packages of the ts context and wrote them directly into the
rtp context (I tried av_write_frame and
av_interleaved_write_frame)
6) I wrote the trailers into the rtp context (av_write_trailer)

When I try to receive the rtp stream with ffmpeg -i rtp://xx.xx.xx.xx.:1234
I get the message "Invalid data found when processing input".
When I try to receive the rtp stream with ffmpeg -i udp://xx.xx.xx:1234 I
receive just one video stream, no audio.
When I try to receive with vlc, I get nothing.

Does anybody have an idea how this could work? Or where I make the mistake?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Sabine