[Libav-user] Problems Receiving H.264 RTSP Stream

Johannes Ebersold johannes.ebersold at dfki.de
Fri Nov 11 14:50:45 CET 2011

On 11/11/2011 02:27 PM, Andrey Utkin wrote:
> What is the sender app?
> What is transport protocol - TCP or UDP?
> Seems possible to me that UDP packets get trunkated to network MTU.
> That explains why both your decoder and ffplay playback it badly - you
> receive stream that's already corrupted.

Sorry, for not mentioning those details ...

The sending application is our own software, providing a rtsp live
stream. Streaming is based on Live555.

The issue appears with either transport protocol TCP and UDP, but UPD is
usually used.

However, the provided stream works fine with VLC, thus the stream should
be okay.

Regards, Johannes