[Libav-user] Problems Receiving H.264 RTSP Stream

Johannes Ebersold johannes.ebersold at dfki.de
Fri Nov 11 15:21:21 CET 2011

On 11/11/2011 02:54 PM, Camera Man wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 08:27 AM, Andrey Utkin wrote:
>> What is the sender app?
>> What is transport protocol - TCP or UDP?
>> Seems possible to me that UDP packets get trunkated to network MTU.
>> That explains why both your decoder and ffplay playback it badly - you
>> receive stream that's already corrupted.
>
> Note that if it's UDP, there's apparently a bug that appears with many
> IP cameras, see this thread:
> <http://www.mail-archive.com/libav-user@ffmpeg.org/msg00442.html> for
> a description of the bug (and some sort of workaround).
>
> If you're using TCP, this bug is not to blame.

Hi,

thanks for the hint. I saw this thread and the proposed fixed and tried
to fix the bug. But, as mentioned, this did not work, even disabling
pthreads completely did not fix the problem. It seems, like this issue
is not related to my issue, although the problems described in this
thread (and ticket 285) are similar to mine.
Furthermore does my issue appear with TCP as wells as UDP.

Regards, Johannes