[Libav-user] rtp h264 stream too fast

adreas Polyxronopoulos apolyxrono at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 15:52:58 CET 2011

So you mean to change the decoder side which in my case is the mplayer right ?
The total duration of the stream after starting the muxing.out(my executable) is about 7sec, but using the ffmpeg-command is around 52.6 sec. I think the problem is in the encoder-streamer side not at the decoder side, correct my if  i am wrong. I am calculating the PTS as follows:

struct timeval  tv;

        struct timezone tz;
        struct tm      *tm;
        gettimeofday(&tv, &tz);
        tm = localtime(&tv.tv_sec);
        int now = tm->tm_hour * 3600 * 1000 + tm->tm_min * 60 * 1000 + tm->tm_sec * 1000 + tv.tv_usec / 1000;
        picture->pts = av_rescale_q(now, (AVRational){1, 10}, c->time_base);

 thanks a lot for the reply.

Adreas Polychronopoulos