[Libav-user] Unimplemented container channel layout Bug

Bruce Wheaton bruce at spearmorgan.com
Wed Nov 16 20:34:12 CET 2011

On Nov 16, 2011, at 1:56 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Bruce Wheaton <bruce at ...> writes:
>
>> Sorry, I can't find anywhere, but do ffplay and ffmpeg configure the audio
>> codec context at all?
>
>> Obviously, they configure resampling etc., but do they tell the codec context
>> to do anything different depending on layout?
>
> If you output to alsa, yes.
> The audio encoders - esp (E)AC-3 - have to guess the layout if it is not
> specified.

OK, thanks. I saw there was some guess layout stuff added, I'll check that out.

FYI - the problem for me was in the AfterEffects generated movie. It seems that AE makes a movie with a full second of video frame packets before it starts putting any audio packets into the file. This was subverting my buffering code, which was working on the opposite assumption.

Bruce