[Libav-user] Per frame real time stamps

Timour Khanipov khanipov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:59:09 CET 2011

Hello!

This is my first post to this mailing list so I apologize ahead if I break
any rule.

In our application we are recording several video streams from different
cameras and we need to synchronize them at replay stage. Besides that we
have some events which should be linked with specific camera and specific
time moment. So it would be very useful if there were some sort of
functionality in libav  for writing real timestamps for each frame.  In
fact I guess it would be sufficient to somehow store intervals between
consecutive frames (and save the absolute time for the first one). An
important think is that we must be able to perform seek operations (by
timestamp).

Of course one workaround could be just to store timestamps in a separate
stream. This way, however, one will need to implement the seek operation by
himself.

I would be grateful if somebody could give any clue for an efficient
solution of our problem.

Timour Khanipov.