[Libav-user] Beginner c++ compiling error

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Thu Oct 6 16:06:22 CEST 2011

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 14:58:17 +0300
mounir younes <mounir.younes at gmail.com> wrote:

> tried your command with g++ but still having the same exception. Can
> someone please write a tutorial on how to write the "hello world" in
> ffmpeg and how to compile it?
>
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Jonathan Arnold
> <jdarnold at buddydog.org>wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:36:23 +0300
> > mounir younes <mounir.younes at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > This is my code: (i got it from the internet, and modified it)
> > > ------------------------
> >
> > And what command line do you use to compile it? Just looks like you
> > are forgetting some libraries. Here is my simple compile command:
> >
> > gcc  -o tutorial01 tutorial01.c -lavutil -lavformat -lavcodec -lz
> > -lavutil -lswscale -lm

As mentioned already, you need to be sure to add in all the libraries
you are trying to use. My sample doesn't do sound. For every undefined,
check the man page to see what library it needs. Add the correct -l and
then rebuild. Rinse & repeat until you get all the undefines removed.

--
Jonathan Arnold        Webstream: http://hieronymus.soup.io

Talent wins games, but team work and intelligence wins championships.
Michael Jordan