[Libav-user] MPEG-TS UDP Multicast streaming

Simon Zünd simon.zuend at gmx.net
Sun Oct 16 10:09:26 CEST 2011

Am 14.10.2011 13:27, schrieb Andrey Utkin:
 > 2 Topicstarter: Please, tell which iOS frameworks, functions do you
> use for capturing, transcoding, sending? I face the same task.
> Thanks in advance.

Sry that it took me so long for an answer.

The code which records and encodes the video data was written by someone
else, but this is what i've got after reading some code:

The Recorder class uses the class CVPixelBuffer for frames. Then it
throws this frame into an H.264 encoder, there is no source code for
this encoder, just a i264Encoder.a file, so i assume this is from apple
which controls the encoder hardware. After encoding, the encoded data is
sent through our own MPEG-TS implementation and sent to the multicast group.