[Libav-user] Counting corrupted/lost frames in a video stream

Igor Fontana rogi at skylittlesystem.org
Mon Oct 17 00:49:00 CEST 2011

FFmpeg people,

I'm trying to decode corrupted video streams and create a histogram of
temporal gaps. In other words, I wish to account for every lost frame in
a video.

I tried to check coded_picture_number and display_picture_number,
members of AVFrame, for gaps in teh counting, but was unlucky.
codec_picture_number doesn't jump, and display_picture_number is 0 at
all tiems.

Can anybody point me to teh right direction? I googled for a while and
failed to find anything useful.

--
Igor