[Libav-user] Writing an rtsp-consuming application - introduction

Ferdinand Jacobs jacobsfer at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 10:16:27 CEST 2011

Hi Nick!

I think it would help if you used wireshark and examined the RTSP packets to see what is going on. It could be that your camera needs a GET_PARAMETER and times out. That's not very hard to implement by the way.

For the encoding part, I'm still struggling with that myself as there are no tutorials for that subject, and it's kind of hard for someone who isn't very experienced to just dive into ffmpeg.c ... ( I have to encode h264 video from a camera to mpeg4 )
So if you find any on that, let me know. : )

Greetings Ferdinand