[Libav-user] AVSEEK_FLAG_BYTE resets packet dts

Burk burkheart at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 30 18:11:33 CET 2011

Hi, in my video player when I seek by file position using av_seek_frame(..., AVSEEK_FLAG_ANY | AVSEEK_FLAG_BYTE)) then the following packets from av_read_frame have the dts field reset starting from 0 again. That behavior is only observed when using AVSEEK_FLAG_BYTE, which I really need in this case. This is problematic, because I have been using the packet dts field to compute the current time of the frame in the video.

Any work-around that I can use? Tried display_picture_number, but that is consistently 0. I am out of ideas now.

Thanks in advance, Thomas