[Libav-user] Native Frame Rate "-re" option?

Isaac Wang isaac.wang at visorcorp.com
Wed Sep 21 00:37:03 CEST 2011

Hello,
I'm trying to stream a UDP video stream in its native frame rate using
the ffmpeg libraries, but am having difficulty in doing so.  Right now,
I can display the stream but at first the stream is displayed very
quickly (aka a higher frame rate than the native one) until eventually
it displays the video in a stuttering manner.  I read that if you pass
"-re" to ffmpeg via the command line, ffmpeg will be able to detect the
native frame rate and display the video with that rate, but I can't find
any documentation detailing how to do this using the C libraries.  Any
help would be tremendously appreciated!