[Libav-user] Crash in av_find_stream_info

Dan Haddix dan6992 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 23 04:00:25 CEST 2011

I use the FFmpeg libs in a Windows app for demuxing MP4, MKV and FLV files. I build FFmpeg using MinGW. I have a couple of MP4 files that cause the call to av_find_stream_info to crash, and in turn my app to crash. The file plays fine in every player I've tried, and even opens in my app if I switch to the MainConcept demuxer. (it has other issues which is why I don't use it any more) The only thing unusual I see about the file is that it has HE-AAC audio. And since it's crashing in libavcodec I'm thinking that's where the problem is. I'm using version 0.6.3, but I just tried version 0.7.5 and it has the same issue. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Any idea how to fix it?

If not does anyone know of a way I can debug the FFmpeg dlls in Windows. Even if I have to use another IDE and the CLI app. I just need some way of stepping into the code and seeing where/why it's crashing.

Thanks,
Dan