[Libav-user] How to trim video (API equivalents of -ss and -t command line parameters)

Simon Daniels simondaniels23 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 22:32:42 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm looking for some tips on how to trim a video using the ffmpeg
APIs. Using the command line version, I would do something like this:

           ffmpeg -i "input.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec copy -ss
00:00:20 -t 00:00:30 "output.avi"

where -ss indicates the start time and -t indicates the duration of the video.

I've been looking through the ffmpeg source but I was hoping there
would be a simpler set of APIs to call. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Simon