[Libav-user] How to get layer info at opening mpeg audio file via av_open_input_file()

Reither, Robert Robert.Reither at Honeywell.com
Wed Apr 11 12:14:09 CEST 2012

Hi, maybe it's a rather stupid question (im pretty new to ffmpeg), but I have problem correctly detected mp2 files (need to distinguish between m2 and mp3 format)

av_open_input_file()  just returns me ID CODEC_ID_MP3 (15001) if I open an mp2 file and not 15000 as for layer2 (would be better 4 me)
So how can I further parse the header in file, having the AVFormatContext handle  to get the layer info ?

Thanks
Robert Reither
Research & Development
Honeywell Life Safety Austria GmbH
Lemböckgasse 49
1230 Wien/Vienna, Austria

Commercial Register No.: FN 58784y
Commercial Court: Handelsgericht Wien
Managing Director: Robert Humpolec
VAT-No.: ATU 14859900
Phone: +43(1)6006030-174
Fax:     +43(1)6006030-900
robert.reither at honeywell.com<mailto:robert.reither at honeywell.com>
www.hls-austria.com<http://www.hls-austria.com/>
www.av-digital.at<http://www.av-digital.at/>
http://www.hls-austria.at/kontakt/anfahrtsplan/

THIS E-MAIL AND ANY ATTACHED FILES ARE CONFIDENTIAL, PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended addressee or have received the e-mail in error, any use of this e-mail or any copying, distribution or other dissemination of it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete the e-mail. E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure, error free or free from viruses. Neither the sending company nor its group of companies accepts any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage which may be caused as a result of the transmission of this message by e-mail. If verification is required, please request a hard copy version.