[Libav-user] Why is av_seek_frame() inaccurate in some cases ?

Lucas Soltic soltic.lucas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 19:24:01 CEST 2012

Le 14 avr. 2012 à 18:49, Michael Bradshaw a écrit :

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Lucas Soltic <soltic.lucas at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I don't think I did anything fancy, but I still can't find out why the video seeking is inaccurate. I would be really grateful if someone had ideas about this issue.
>
> There's two reasons I can see why you would be getting this result: 1) It could be seeking to the closest keyframe in the video, and 2) some demuxers seek by DTS and not PTS.
>
> You say it works fine for H.264 videos though, so I'm not entirely sure what could be causing it.

Hello!

I tried to use AVSEEK_FLAG_ANY for the av_seek_frame() parameter, so that it does not only seek to keyframes, but it still gives important gaps.
As for the DTS, in the movie I read, they are equal to the PTS (for any of the ~10 seeking I did). These results concern the MPEG4v2 video.
I'm going to investigate further with other codecs but I wanted to tell these points.

Lucas SOLTIC