[Libav-user] Why is av_seek_frame() inaccurate in some cases ?

Lucas Soltic soltic.lucas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:22:30 CEST 2012

Le 16 avr. 2012 à 16:51, Alex Cohn a écrit :
> Your code sample did not mention seeking the audio stream, did it?
> What audio codec is used? How were audio and video muxed together?

You're right. I didn't mention it because I thought it wasn't related to this seeking "issue". I thought that seeking the audio stream wouldn't seek the video stream too.
Here the audio is MP3. And I don't know how audio and video were muxed together, this is a testing video file I took from my hard disk. But this is not important, because I want my library to be able to read a wide variety of formats, thus the muxing of this specific video file shouldn't be a criteria.

> If the purpose of your seek() is to start displaying video from that
> point, then yes, you can only start decoding from a key frame.

Yes, that's it. Thank you very much!

Regards,
Lucas SOLTIC