[Libav-user] ffmpeg code differes

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Apr 25 12:53:21 CEST 2012

Ajita Pandey <Ajita-Pandey at ...> writes:

> I have same ffmpeg libavcodec version as in mplayer
> but still some function nameetc are different.

As said, when you configure MPlayer, the latest version of
FFmpeg is downloaded from the official FFmpeg repository,
it is therefore not possible that there is a difference
between FFmpeg (from the FFmpeg repository) and FFmpeg in
MPlayer (which also comes from the FFmpeg repository).

> So that I can not directly use mine libavcodec library
> there in mplayer.

You do not have to use any other libavcodec library in
MPlayer then the one that configure downloads (although
it is possible).

Please do not top-post, it is considered rude here, Carl Eugen