[Libav-user] ffmpeg code differes

Ajita Pandey Ajita-Pandey at hcl.com
Wed Apr 25 13:18:23 CEST 2012

Hi,

As configuration file of mplayer shows that it takes ffmpeg form git repos.

if ! test -e ffmpeg ; then
    echo "No FFmpeg checkout, press enter to download one with git or CTRL+C to abort"
    read tmp
    if ! git clone --depth 1 git://git.videolan.org/ffmpeg.git ffmpeg ; then
        rm -rf ffmpeg
        echo "Failed to get a FFmpeg checkout"
        exit 1
    fi
    touch ffmpeg/mp_auto_pull
fi

while I am taking ffmpeg code  directly as tar.
And both have source code difference.