[Libav-user] Frame order from TS demux - mpeg2video vs h264

jettoblack jettoblack at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 18:53:24 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:51 AM, Kalileo [via libav-users] <
ml-node+s943685n4597541h88 at n4.nabble.com> wrote:

> The decoder gives you the (decoded) pictures in the correct order.

That's what I expected, and it does for MPEG-2 codec video, but not for
H.264 codec within a MPEG-2 transport stream.

> I would try to attach the metadata in the order as you get it from the
> demuxer with the pictures as you get them out of the decoder.

I tried that and for H.264 it's definitely wrong if I use the frames
in-order from the demuxer.  It does work fine for MPEG-2 video.

Should I file a bug report?

Thanks,
Jason