[Libav-user] generating timecode in a quicktime movie

gilles pouliquen gilles at solidanim.com
Thu Aug 2 17:33:41 CEST 2012

Le 02/08/2012 16:02, Carl Lindqvist a écrit :
> My research on this subject says you probably need the ffmbc fork for
> this. I have tried it, but never managed to get timecode in my files
> :( Documentation was pretty much non existant if I remember correctly.
> Maybe this has changed now.
>
> Let me know how it goes!
>
> Regards
> Carl

So actually I found it's not too hard to add an initial timecode to the
mov file:

         av_dict_set( &st->metadata, "timecode", "hh:mm:ss:ff", 0 );

where "hh:mm:ss:ff" is the initial timecode.
When you open the mov in quicktime and display the timecode you get the
correct value.

But yeah I would definitly love to see the ffmbc anyway fork but I can't
find the source code :( ...

Gilles