[Libav-user] using avformat with external hardware codec

Jan Pohanka xhpohanka at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:07:06 CEST 2012

> What parameters need to be set avformat? I have tried following code
> (simplified).
>
> video_st = av_new_stream(os, 0);
> video_st->codec->codec_id = CODEC_ID_H264;
> video_st->codec->codec_type = AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO;

Ok. I have found that et least following parameters has to be set in codec
struct.

video_st->codec->codec_id = CODEC_ID_H264;
video_st->codec->codec_type = AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO;
video_st->codec->time_base = (AVRational) {1, 5};
video_st->codec->width = 1600;
video_st->codec->height = 1200;

I still do not know whether it is not possible to get these parameters
 from encoded raw stream.
I have tried the avformat_open_input() function, but it does not fill
codec->width and height members for exapmle.

best regards
Jan

http://www.opera.com/mail/